The City of Atlantis Building Department:
- Issues licenses for businesses located in and doing work in the City
- Issues permits for buildings, special events, garage sales, and temporary storage units
- Schedules inspections
Atlantis requires permits prior to making all exterior alterations or installations, as well as for interior work involving electrical, plumbing, or structural changes. Exterior alterations must be approved by the Architectural Review Committee. All contractors/companies working in Atlantis must be registered with us.
Documents required with the Building Permit Application:
- A copy of the contract or other supporting documentation showing the true valuation of the job
- For exterior work, two copies of a survey showing the proposed work
- For exterior work, two sets of photos of the home/business
- For exterior work, two sets of photos of proposed replacement items (doors, windows)
- For exterior work, a product sample if applicable (roof material, paver)
- For homes in a homeowners association, exterior work must include written association approval
- Two sets of product approvals
INCOMPLETE APPLICAITONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Work is permitted Monday through Saturday 7:30 am to 6 pm. No work is permitted on Sunday.
Permit fees are due upon submission of the permit. A Notice of Commencement (NOC) is required for jobs over $2,500 (over $7,500 for mechanical permits). No permit will be released until the NOC is received.
Call Before You Dig
For jobs requiring excavation or demolition, call Sunshine State One Call, 800-432-4770 before you dig to get underground utility locations.
Atlantis does not provide garbage service for construction debris. Contractors are required to arrange for dumpsters, and only from Waste Pro USA Inc.
Architectural Review Applications
There are changes/revisions you’re planning to the exterior of your property that do not require a Building Permit, but may require review by the City’s Architectural Review Committee. These include:
- Conceptual approvals
- Installation of gutters
- Painting the exterior
- Repairing/paving/painting a driveway (replacement requires a Building Permit)
Required documents to be submitted with the application:
- Copy of contract or Owner/Builder Affidavit
- Homeowner Association approval, if applicable
- Survey of property, if applicable
- Two sets of paint color samples, if applicable
- Two sets of photos of the home
- Two sets of plans and/or product samples