Skip Navigation
Welcome to the official website for the City of Atlantis Florida
Welcome to the official website for the City of Atlantis, Florida!

This table is used for column layout.
  • About Atlantis
  • City Government
  • Agendas & Minutes
  • Newsletters
  • City Calendars
  • Police
  • Useful Links
  • Send Us Comments
  • Subscribe to News
  • HOME
  • Buy Local - Atlantis

Image of Atlantis
 
History of the City of Atlantis
This 834-acre development was formerly known as Mulberry Farms and owned by former State Senator Philip D. Lewis, who formed the Mission Company to raise Brahman cattle. In 1958, Nathan Hunt and Paul Kintz purchased this 828-acre ranch and the remaining two parcels along Lantana Road. With Engineers Brockway, Weber and Brockway, and Designer Ernest L. Green, they sought to develop what is known as one of the most aesthetically beautiful country club communities in the country.

Early development in 1960 and 1961 included the Atlantis Inn and Golf Clubhouse, along with the first 18-hole golf course.

Having been granted its charter June 19, 1959, the first Council was appointed and consisted of James Kintz, Mayor; Nathan Hunt, Vice Mayor; Paul Kintz, Marjorie Hunt and William Blakeslee as Councilmen.



 

Services provided by e-City Services LLC
City of Atlantis 260 Orange Tree Drive, Atlantis, FL 33462 PH: (561) 965-1744        Website Disclaimer   Privacy Statement  
Virtual Towns & Schools Website